HUMAN RIGHTS AND FREEDOM
The primary oblective of this department is to;
- Strengthen the capacity of civil society organizations working in the field of human rights.
- Conduct joint advocacy and lobbying for the ratification and implementation of the legal instruments for human rights and fundamental freedoms enshrined in national, regional and international instruments;
- Raise awareness and educate citizens about their rights;
- Ensure the protection and defense of human rights defenders and fundamental freedoms enshrined in national, regional and international instruments;
- Prepare an alternative annual report on the human rights situation in Cameroon;
- Collaborate with national, regional and international authorities and organizations for the promotion and protection of human rights and fundamental freedoms in Cameroon.
The main beneficiaries if this program includes: Human rights defenders, Human rights organizations, Local and indigenous communities, Communities-based organizations, Faith-based organizations, People living with HIV, People living with disability, Women and youths groups and networks, Traditional rulers and faith leaders, Trade unions, Small farmers and pastoralists cooperatives
Our expertise in advocating and protecting human rights and freedoms ranges from; Advocacy and policy dialogue, Action research, Peace and conflicts analysis, Human rights monitoring and documentation, Human rights defenders security and protection, Social mobilization, social cohesion and governance